Haverhill appoint young boss
HAVERHILL Rovers have appointed Peter Betts as first team manager.The 24-year-old was previously reserve team manager at the club and has taken over from caretaker manager Neil Farlie.
FOOTBALL: Haverhill Rovers have appointed Peter Betts as first team manager.
The 24-year-old was previously reserve team manager at the club and has taken over from caretaker manager Neil Farlie.
Despite his young age, Betts has been reserve team manager at the club since just after the turn of the century.
During his time in this post he established himself as a consistently good manager, the culmination of his success being when the team were treble winners of the Eastern Counties Reserve Teams League South Division, Eastern Counties Reserve Teams Cup and Suffolk Senior Cup in 2007/08.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of 2007/08 Betts resigned as first team manager to go over to the USA for five months and work as a coach for the New York Red Bulls of the MLS, returning to the UK just before becoming first team manager.
Reserve team manager Ben Cowling has also been promoted to first team player/assistant manager to Betts.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots