Man arrested after being found with knuckle duster and taser disguised as torch
- Credit: HAVERHILL POLICE
A 19-year-old man found in possession of a knuckle duster and a taser which was disguised as a torch has been arrested by police.
Patrol officers in Haverhill stopped a van in Haverhill on Wednesday afternoon, after having reason to believe the vehicle was being driven illegally.
Officers discovered a taser which had been disguised as a torch along with a weapon in the vehicle.
A police spokesman said: "At 1.10pm on Wednesday, February, 12 officers on patrol in the vicinity of Burton End, Haverhill, saw a vehicle park-up which they had reason to believe was being driven without insurance.
"A 19-year-old man from Haverhill was subsequently arrested on suspicion of the following four offences: driving without insurance; driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence; possession of an offensive weapon (a knuckle duster); and possession of a firearm (a taser device).
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries."
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12