Haverhill: Chef’s 1,800-mile curry delivery to Moscow
- Credit: Archant
A curry chef is getting ready to escort a specially-prepared meal on a 1,800-mile trip to Moscow.
Sanuar Miah, the head chef at the Woodlands Hotel and Restaurant in Haverhill, says he has been asked to deliver a gourmet feast of slow-cooked lamb and lobster for a mystery Russian millionaire, who has become a dedicated fan of his Bangledeshi cuisine.
To add a bit of extra spice to the foodie mission, Mr Miah claims he has been told Edward Snowden, the much sought-after CIA whistleblower, will be among the 40 or so diners due to tuck into his long-distance banquet.
“Cooking is my passion and to be asked to take food out to Moscow is very exciting,” said Mr Miah, 41.
He made his reputation as head chef at the Mogul restaurant in Manningtree for six years before recently moving into the kitchen at the Woodlands Hotel.
He added: “I don’t know too much about Mr Snowden. I’m just interested in cooking and preparing a beautiful meal for the people.”
Mr Miah, who has also cooked for the likes of actors Daniel Craig and Griff Rhys Jones in the past, said he has been asked not to reveal the name of his Russian sponsor, who apparently fell in love with Mr Miah’s cooking during his frequent visits to the Mogul.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
The meal will be prepared in Suffolk before being flown out on Monday morning from Gatwick Airport.
It will consist of 100 lobsters, 10 whole chickens, plus 10 legs of lamb, together with plenty of onion bhajis and poppadoms.
Mr Miah said that he and a colleague were intending to travel with the food on Monday morning before serving it on Monday evening and returning on Tuesday.