Haverhill: Delight in home town for worthy EuroMillion winners
NEWS of the Haverhill couple’s big win has been greeted with delight in their home town.
And no-one was more pleased for the family than the co-owner of Premier Stores, Sanjay Patel – who sold the winning ticket to Mr Bayford. The shop in Queens Street is known locally as ‘Sanjay’s Stores’.
Yesterday morning, Mr Patel said: “Adrian bought the ticket on Friday during my shift and I am still totally in shock that we were the ones who supplied the ticket.
“It has been quite surreal with journalists banging on the door since seven o’clock and I don’t think the news has sunk in yet.”
He added: “Adrian comes in here regularly and he is a really nice guy, so I am extremely pleased for him.
You may also want to watch:
“I also think Haverhill quite wrongly gets a lot of bad press, so it’s great this win has created some really positive news for the town.”
Louise Cousins, who works in Dejavu Sandwich Bar Caf�, also in Queens Street, said although she did not know the couple personally, they used to pop into the caf� quite frequently and were friendly people.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
She added: “It’s such a huge amount and everyone is just so pleased for them whether we know them or not.”