Haverhill: Electrical fire breaks out in school

Officers were alerted to the incident in Samuel Ward School at 9.52 and put out the flames within approximately half an hour.

Fire fighters rushed to extinguish an electrical fire in a Haverhill school this morning.

Officers were alerted to the incident in Samuel Ward School at 9.52 and put out the flames within approximately half an hour.

No one was in the Chalkstone Way building when the fire began and an electrician has been called to examine the light fitting.

This is the second electrical fire in a Suffolk school officers have attended this weekend.


You may also want to watch:


They were alerted to another light fitting fire in Melford Primary School at 6.36pm on February 4.

Officers from Sudbury, Bury and Long Melford rushed to the Cordell Place building to find it filled with smoke.

Most Read

A fire was discovered and extinguished within minutes.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus