Haverhill: Fire crews called to deal with shower unit alight

Firefighters have tacked a fire in a shower unit of a house in Camps Road, Haverhill.

Two crews from the town were called at 2.52pm and found the unit alight and the first floor of the property heavily smoke logged.

They used two sets of breathing apparatus and a hosereel to bring the fire under control and a thermal imaging camera to check the area for hot spots and to make sure the fire had been completely extinguished.

Crews ventilated the property and had both returned to their fire station by 3.35pm


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus