Teenager from London arrested on drugs charges following strip search
- Credit: Archant
Police in Haverhill arrested a teenage boy on suspicion of drugs offences after his “story didn’t quite add up”.
Officers from Suffolk police stopped and searched two men from London in Haverhill High Street at around 12.50am on Thursday.
Following a strip search one of them – a teenager – was arrested on suspicion of intent to supply Class A drugs.
The teenager is now awaiting questioning in Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
A tweet from Haverhill Police, posted that night, said: “Foot patrol of the High Street tonight led to a stop search of two lads from London whose story didn’t quite add up!
You may also want to watch:
“One arrested following a strip search for possession with intent to supply Class A.”
- 1 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 5 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 6 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 7 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 8 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base