Jail for man who assaulted father and son in Suffolk park in row over bike
- Credit: Suffolk police
A man who assaulted a father and son in a Suffolk park has been jailed for 45 months.
Daniel Petherick bought a bike from Stephen Pryce but was left £20 out of pocket after returning it following an issue over ownership, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
On June 11 last year Daniel and his father, Keith Petherick, were in a park in the Haverhill area when Pryce approached them and threatened to stab Daniel Petherick in the neck.
He then punched Daniel in the face and when Keith Petherick intervened Pryce had swung his arm backwards and hit him in the face.
Pryce, 25, of Anglian Place, Burton End, Haverhill, admitted two offences of common assault and an offence of robbery on June 19 last year.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that on June 19 Pryce had been in a recreation ground in Haverhill when he threatened to stab a man if he didn’t empty his pockets.
Pryce, who was with a youth, had hit the man and while he was on the ground the man felt someone go through his pockets and later discovered £20 and a tobacco pouch had been taken.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 7 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub