Man and woman arrested on suspicion of money laundering
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman in Haverhill have been arrested in connection with money laundering offences after police recovered around £1,500 in cash from a car.
Suffolk police stopped and searched a 30-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman in The Causeway on Saturday under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
After searching a vehicle, police recovered a large amount of what is suspected to be crack cocaine, a knife, a knuckle duster and the cash.
The man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply, money laundering, possession of offensive weapons and theft of a motor vehicle.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
They were both taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning and have now been released, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge