Haverhill: Police release e-fit of glass assault suspect
- Credit: Archant
AN e-fit image has been released of a man who assaulted a women by cutting her with a shard of glass in Haverhill last week.
The 18-year-old woman was walking along Leather Lane in Haverhill at about 9.45am on Monday January 7 when a man approached her from behind. The man tugged on her handbag and pulled her backwards against a fence.
A police spokesman said: “Whilst pushed against the fence the man produced a shard of glass and pushed it against her neck and stomach causing small scratch marks. He also took a bottle from a bag and squirted a liquid, believed to be bleach into her mouth.
The man was then disturbed by a noise behind him and the woman managed to run home.
“The woman was seen by her doctor but did not require any further medical attention for her injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, 6ft and of slim build. He had short dark curly hair and was clean-shaven. He wore a dark blue long-sleeved hooded top, straight blue denim jeans and trainers. He also wore black fleece gloves and carried a blue shopping bag.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the time or who may have any information in relation to the incident.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
All calls should be made to Detective Constable Jenny Gant at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.