Haverhill: Teenager hospitalised after being hit in the face with piece of wood
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A teenager was hospitalised after being hit in the face with a piece of wood then kicked in the head as he walked away.
The attack took place between 2.15am and 3.10am today (Saturday) when the victim was walking along Burton End in Haverhill with two other men and a woman.
The group were at the junction of Greenfields Way when they were approached by around three to five men, one of whom hit the victim in the face.
When he walked away he was knocked to the ground and hit and kicked in the head.
The offenders are described as white men, aged between 19 and 22, wearing dark clothing. Some wore hooded tops with the hoods up.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has since been discharged from hospital.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket