Haverhill: Town boasts country’s best GP surgery
ALREADY well known for its 1,000-year-old market, one Suffolk town can now also lay claim to the nation’s best doctor’s surgery.
The Crown Health Centre in Haverhill only opened a little over a year ago.
But its patients are already the most satisfied in the country – according to a national survey carried out for the Department of Health by polling firm Ipsos Mori.
The surgery, which offers a walk-in service for any member of the public, has a wide catchment area, including Haverhill and villages including Kedington, Little Wratting, Great Wratting, Wixoe , Stoke-by-Clare, Hundon, Barnardiston, Monks Risbridge and the Thurlows.
Practice manager Naomi Cooper said: “We are absolutely delighted at being ranked by our patients as joint ‘number one’ surgery, not only for the region, but nationally.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an accolade we are proud of and reflects the dedication and hard work of the team here.
“The festive period has been exceptionally challenging due to the weather and so many patients with flu – this news means a lot to us.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
Since it opened in June, 2009, the Crown surgery has treated more than 30,000 walk-in patients – many of whom have subsequently registered at the health centre.
In the Ipsos Mori survey, patients were asked a series of questions to gauge how happy they were with their GP.
They were asked how easy it was to make an appointment, how happy they were with the opening hours offered and whether they could book appointments two days ahead.
Although the Crown Health Centre took the national top spot, other surgeries in the county also fared well with Suffolk ranked second in two of the five indicators – the ease for patients being able to see their chosen GP and satisfaction with surgery opening hours.
Clare Banyard, NHS Suffolk’s head of primary care, said: “Our practice teams should be proud of their hard work in achieving such an impressive level of results. NHS Suffolk will continue to support GP surgeries in making the patient experience the best it can be.”