Haverhill: Two people rescued after cooker blaze

Firefighters rescued two people from a home in Haverhill during the early hours following a cooker blaze.

Crews attended the incident at a first floor flat in Town End Close at 4.24am after a fire alarm activated.

On arrival crews found the property heavily smoke logged and resuced two people.

The blaze had been started by a small fire on a cooker which was left unattended.

The fire was extinguished and the occupants did not need hospital treatment.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus