Do you live in these areas where there were almost zero Covid cases last week?
- Credit: Archant
A total of 154 neighbourhoods in Suffolk and Essex have either zero or very few coronavirus cases, government data has revealed.
Positive Covid tests have been broken down by neighbourhoods known as Middle-layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs), which consist of around 8,000 people on average, and these are the figures for the week up to May 21
Only areas with three or more cases are included in the dataset.
The MSOA with the highest infection rate in the region has also seen Indian variant cases. Needham Market South and Great Blakenham, reported 14 new cases of the strain known as B.1.617.2, and has a case rate of 51.3 Covid cases per 100,000 people.
In the wider Ipswich area only Shotley Peninsula and Sproughton, Copdock and Washbrook recorded new cases
In West Suffolk, Mildenhall, Red Lodge, Icklingham and Moulton, Haverhill, and Kedington, Hundon and Withersfield had three or more cases.
You may also want to watch:
No areas in the north Essex districts of Braintree or Tendring reported three or more cases but Colchester had four Covid cases in the area of Milesend and Braiswick.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm