More than 50 coronavirus cases recorded in a day in Ipswich as case numbers keep rising
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
More than 50 cases of coronavirus were reported in Ipswich alone in just one day last week, the latest Government statistics have shown.
The statistics from Public Health England cover the seven days to December 9 and were compared against the data covering the seven days to December 2.
Ipswich continued to have the highest infection rate of 202.3 cases per 100,000 up from 125.6 the previous week.
The data showed that 55 cases were recorded in the district in just one day, December 9.
Every other district showed at least a slight increase in cases.
You may also want to watch:
Cases also rose across Essex, most notably in Braintree which saw cases rise from 97.6 cases per 100,000 to 268 cases per 100,000.
The district recorded 110 cases in one day on December 9.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo