Hadleigh Library closed for deep clean after confirmed coronavirus case
- Credit: Archant
Hadleigh Library is to remain closed until next week after a member of staff tested positive for Covid-19.
A spokesman for the library, in High Street, said a deep clean will take place as a precaution and that staff have been closely following protocol to minimise any risk of transmission.
The closure comes following a similar event at Ipswich County Library, which was forced to close until Monday, December 14, following another confirmed case of the virus among staff.
The Suffolk Libraries spokesman said: "We would like to reassure customers that all staff have been closely following safety procedures to minimise any transmission risk.
"The library should open again next Tuesday.
"We apologise to customers for any inconvenience. Customers can still return items using the library’s dropbox or visit any other Suffolk library."
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week