Ipswich Hospital worker running marathon for baby loss group
- Credit: Carla Ramsey
A maternity care assistant will be running the London Marathon for Ipswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group.
Carla Ramsey sees firsthand at Ipswich Hospital how the charity helps parents, who have suffered the loss of a baby at any stage of their pregnancy.
The mum-of-two, who miscarried twice since 2018, was also supported while pregnant with her son in 2019.
"I didn't enjoy my pregnancy one bit, but I attended [IIpswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group] and everyone there was in the same situation.
"They also do checks on you when you need it."
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old will train by running with her son, Archer, in his buggy., who she gives "lots of snacks" to distract him.
The money Ms Ramsey will raise is set to help fund a quiet room at the maternity unit, so families can have a private delivery with extra home comforts.
Memory boxes are also funded and she will run with a t-shirt with the names of patrons' lost babies on her back.
Donate by going here.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K