Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
There has a large drop in the coronavirus infection rate in Ipswich in the past week.
The data compared the week up to January 22 with the week to January 15. The last four days are not included as they are not considered complete.
Data covering the week to January 22 showed the infection rates had dropped to 367.4 cases per 100,000, down from 548.4 cases per 100,000 in the week to January 15.
Every district in the county showed a drop in the infection rate with Babergh showing the biggest drop outside of Ipswich.
Over the border in Essex, all districts showed a drop in infection rates too.
You may also want to watch:
The largest drop was in Tendring which went from 888.4 cases per 100,000 down to 594.3 cases per 100,000.
The coronavirus infection rate in England also continued to drop.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs