Lavenham dentist plans to expand into Grade II house and hire new staff
- Credit: Google Street View
Lavenham Dental Practice is hoping to expand into the next-door Grade II listed building.
The dental practice is asking Babergh District Council if they can turn the late 19th Century red brick semi-detached buildings on Church Street into one dentist at numbers 5 and 6.
As part of this planned work, it's hoped to create new openings in the adjoining wall, insert a new doorway in the existing partition, remove the stairs and partition and reinstate the floor and undertake some plasterwork.
The agent Andrew Brinkley, of Suffolk Building Design Ltd in Sudbury, told the EADT: "They're extremely busy. it's a good opportunity to stay where they are and serve the local community better.
"The dental practice service is upstairs so to have a ground floor would work well for the elderly customers."
As part of the plans, staff would increase from four to seven at the dentist offering pay-as-you-go and budget scheme appointments.
The application was submitted on Wednesday, July 7 and can be found by searching planning.baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk for DC/21/03841.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?