Mapped: The 134 Suffolk and Essex postcodes with almost no Covid cases
- Credit: Archant
Latest government data has revealed 134 neighbourhoods in Suffolk and north Essex have either zero or very few coronavirus cases.
Data, for the week up to May 17, has broken down positive Covid tests by neighbourhoods known as Middle-layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs), which consist of around 8,000 people on average.
Only areas with three or more cases are included in the dataset.
The MSOA with the highest infection rate in the region is Needham Market South and Great Blakenham, which has 174.4 cases per 100,000 people.
A total of 17 Covid cases were reported in the neighbourhood in the week up to May 17, with Suffolk County Council confirming on Friday that three cases of the Indian variant had been identified in the town.
In Ipswich, the only MSOA included in the data was Christchurch Park with three new cases.
You may also want to watch:
No areas in the north Essex districts of Braintree, Colchester or Tendring reported three or more cases.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp