Mapped: New data reveals Covid hotspots in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Glemsford and Lawshall and Greenstead have the highest Covid rates in Suffolk and north Essex, according to the latest Government data.
Figures released by Public Health England have broken down the number of positive tests by areas known as Middle-layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs), which consist of around 8,000 people each.
The data, for the week up to June 21, only includes MSOAs which reported three or more cases.
The figures have shown how high infection rates are in north Essex when compared to most of Suffolk.
Greenstead in Colchester has the highest infection rate in the region after it reported 35 new positive tests - giving it a rate of 257.5 cases per 100,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of Suffolk's neighbourhoods reported fewer than three cases, but Glemsford and Lawshall's rate the highest in the county at 81.7.
California had Ipswich's highest infection rate at 53.9 after five new cases were identified.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 6 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 7 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open