Tesco and Sainsbury's stores in Suffolk confirm Covid-19 cases
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two Suffolk supermarkets today confirmed staff members have tested positive for coronavirus.
Sainsbury's said a very small number of staff at its Warren Heath Ipswich superstore have tested positive, while Tesco confirmed a staff member had tested positive at its Stowmarket store.
Both stores emphasised they are taking all necessary precautions.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury's said: "A very small number of colleagues have tested positive at our Warren Heath store and are self-isolating at home.
“Safety is our highest priority. We continue to have strict safety measures in place in all our stores, including additional cleaning and social distancing measures, as well as hand sanitiser stations, Perspex screens and PPE for all our colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
"We continue to support Test and Trace and remain in close contact with them.”
Meanwhile, a Tesco spokesperson said: “One colleague at our Stowmarket superstore has reported testing positive for Covid-19. Their close contacts have been informed.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
"The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we are working with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
"We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning.”
On January 1, it was confirmed that members of staff from Tesco Extra near the Copdock roundabout, were self-isolating "after a small number of colleagues tested positive for Covid-19".