Sun seekers rejoice! Heat wave set to continue this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Weather experts are predicting another sweltering weekend for people in Suffolk and north Essex as the heat wave continues.
The mercury is set to hit highs of 29C (84.2F) today and will stay in that region throughout Saturday and Sunday, with not a drop of rain in sight.
Phil Garner, forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “Today there will be a cloudy start with lovely sunny spells developing and patchy cloud coming along in the afternoon which might look like they will threaten showers but melting away this afternoon to leave a fine evening.”
Mr Garner said inland areas in Suffolk and north Essex would enjoy top temperatures of 28C (82.4F) to 29C (84.2F), and 19C (66.2F) to 20C (68F) in coastal communities.
There is a small risk of rain in south Essex, near the border of London, between 4pm and 7pm today, Mr Garner added.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend is expected to be another scorcher for England’s quarter final World Cup match.
Mr Garner said: “This weekend it will stay dry with light and variable winds so inland areas will have temperatures in the high 20Cs for both Saturday and Sunday but again that onshore breeze will make the coast fresher.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk