Heater sparks house fire

FIREFIGHTERS were today tackling a house fire in Lowestoft after a heater caught alight.

FIREFIGHTERS were today tackling a house fire in Lowestoft after a heater caught alight.

Two crews from the town were called to a mid-terraced property in Stanley Street just before noon.

Two people were in the house at the time, but they managed to leave before the emergency services arrived.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to battle the fire, which took hold in a room on the ground floor.


You may also want to watch:


Police were also called to control the traffic and keep people a safe distance in the street.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus