Hundreds of pounds worth of heating oil stolen
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are underway after hundreds of pounds worth of heating oil was stolen from a Suffolk property.
The theft took place between midnight and 2.20pm on Tuesday, April 14 in Newton Road, Sudbury.
An offender/s stole hundreds-of-pounds worth of heating oil stored in a tank on the property.
A shed was also entered by the offender/s; however, nothing was stolen.
Police have also issued advice for safe guarding oil tanks which includes putting lighting around your tank, securing any fencing around the tank, checking oil gauges regularly and investing in approved tank alarms.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this theft is asked to contact Suffolk police via their website or by calling 101 and quoting crime reference: 37/21158/20.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies