Are we at risk of localised flooding tomorrow?
- Credit: leroy ranson
It will be nice weather for ducks in much of Suffolk and north Essex tomorrow.
Chris Bell, from Weatherquest, said there was a “chance of downpours and thunder” towards the coast, as a new weather front brings with it heavy showers and fresher temperatures.
“I wouldn’t be surprised to see some localised street flooding,” Mr Bell said. “The ground is very hard so [the rain] is going to run off pretty quickly.”
Mr Bell added that, while conditions will be “noticeably fresher”, the region will stay warm for the most part – with highs of 23C or 24C tomorrow, and temperatures climbing again towards the weekend.
He said that the mercury could likely reach 30C on Sunday, with clear skies making for perfect barbeque weather.
You may also want to watch:
However thunderstorms could hit again overnight, with heavy rain on the cards for much of the region.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket