Will it be another sweltering weekend for Suffolk and north Essex?
- Credit: Archant
After yet another week of glorious weather, forecasters are predicting a weekend tailor-made for beer gardens and beach trips.
Earlier this week we reported that July was officially the sunniest on record in East Anglia – and it seems little has changed as August gets underway.
Phil Garner, forecaster for Weatherquest, said the first weekend of the month will be just as warm as those that came before it – with temperatures reaching 27C today, and 28C or 29C tomorrow.
While parts of Suffolk saw the mercury soar to 30C on Friday, Mr Garner said a northerly wind will bring slightly fresher temperatures today, with plenty of sunny spells.
Overnight temperatures will dip to 13C, but the lows will come close to daybreak – meaning it will be another muggy night for many.
Mr Garner added that tomorrow temperatures are going to “creep up”, as the wind shifts to a more “favourable direction”.
You may also want to watch:
He said rainfall was unlikely on both Saturday and Sunday, although the region may see a couple of showers in the early part of next week.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead