When will it finally rain? Forecasters say there is potential for heavy showers this afternoon
- Credit: citizenside.com
Parts of Suffolk and Essex could see finally see rain this afternoon as forecasters say there is potential for isolated heavy showers across the region.
With the last significant rainfall, over 1mm, falling in the region on Thursday, May 31 - 42 days ago - Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service have issued safety advice due to the increased risks of open air fires.
However, the dry spell may be coming to an end, with the chance of raindrops falling on the region later today.
Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “There is potential for some isolated heavy showers mid to late afternoon today.
“It will only be one or two across Essex and south Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be generally cloudy with a few brighter spells developing in the early afternoon before the cloud returns.
“There should be temperatures of 24C (75.2F), reaching 25C (77F) in the odd location.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
“Tomorrow, similarly, there will be a low risk of heavy showers.
“But this should just affect Essex, I think Suffolk should escape it tomorrow.”
Revellers at Latitude could hear the rumble of thunder late on Sunday, with thunderstorms potentially hitting Suffolk and Essex on Monday into Tuesday.
Mr Dury said: “Saturday we will see temperatures of 25C (77F) to 26C (78.8F) so it will still be quite warm.
“But we will still expect the ground to be pretty dry.
“Temperatures will be 25C (77F), maybe 26 (78.8F) on Sunday.
“But it will be generally a dry Saturday and Sunday.”