FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze which had engulfed a hedge in flames.
A fire crew from Woodbridge Fire Station arrived at the scene in Byng Hall Road, Orford, at just after 1.30pm on Saturday.
Initial reports had suggested that an area of grass was alight and that the fire was spreading the nearby hedges.
On arrival they discovered a blaze which had engulfed a hedgerow and a section of grassland.
The flames were extinguished using a hose reel jet.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters had successfully brought the incident under control within 30 minutes.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown