Knights do battle in national jousting tournament
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
Knights in shining armour faced off in a battle to the end, clashing in an ancient jousting tournaments in Essex.
The Knights of Destrier returned to Hedingham Castle, jousting in custom-made suits of solid steel armour.
The brave horseback riders took part in one of the most exciting and authentic jousting tournaments in England using long poles to try and take out their opposing rider.
On display at the castle were skill at arms demonstrations, a commentary on how the Knights prepare and arm themselves and the jousting contest during a thrilling day out for all the family!
Other highlights included two displays from Coda Falconry, have-a-go archery with the Norfolk Longbowmen, a court jester, musicians, maypole dancing and donkey rides.
You may also want to watch:
The castle was also open and full of living-historians telling tales of the previous battle which took place there.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout