Henley: Crews called to double-decker bus on fire
A DOUBLE-DECKER bus was on fire this afternoon in Henley.
Crews received the call just before 3.10pm to the incident in Main Road, Henley, near Claydon.
Appliances from Princes Street, Ipswich, arrived and found there were no passengers onboard.
At about 3.40pm the bus was said to be well alight with crews using two breathing apparatus and hosereels.
The road was closed in both directions as crews had to tackle the fire on the first and ground floors of the bus.
You may also want to watch:
Crews had the blaze under control shortly afterwards and returned to their stations by 4.15pm.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket