Henley’s of Wivenhoe narrowly misses out on top three plaice at 2018 National Fish and Chip awards
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning Essex chippy may have battered the competition to be crowned the region’s favourite – but narrowly missed out on first plaice in the national finals.
Henley’s of Wivenhoe put its heart and sole into taking home victory at the National Fish & Chip awards today but lost out to Millers Fish & Chips in North Yorkshire.
Despite missing out on a top three spot, owner David Henley said he was delighted to have been shortlisted and hopes the success will help to reel in new punters.
The popular shop has featured in the top ten several years in a roe.
David said: “It is a real honour to be recognised as regional winners and it’s a title we have held onto for a while now.
You may also want to watch:
“I think what sets us apart is that we have all our products on display so customers can pick what they like.
“We’re also one of the first shops in the country to have MSC certification, which shows our commitment to sustainability.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move