Hepworth: Crews called to chimney fire
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews were called to a chimney fire at a house in Hepworth at 6.32pm this evening.
One crew from Ixworth attended the scene of the blaze in Church Lane, Hepworth, arriving at 6.48pm.
Crews used small gear, a nine metre ladder, a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
Crews were back at base by 7.54pm.
Suffolk Fire advises anyone using a traditional open fire or woodburner to make sure their chimney is swept at least once a year to prevent accidents from happening.
You may also want to watch:
People are also advised to keep a guard in front of a burning fire and always extinguish fires before going to bed or leaving the house.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies