HGV driver arrested for dangerous driving after fatal Essex crash
- Credit: Tom Potter
A tractor driver believed to be from the Colchester area has died after he was involved in a three-vehicle crash.
The collision, which involved an HGV, a tractor and a van, happened on the A13 at Pitsea around 1.30pm today.
The tractor driver was airlifted to Royal London Hospital but died shortly after arrival - his family have been informed.
The HGV driver and driver of the van were both treated for slight injuries. Police later arrested the HGV driver on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Both carriageways on the Pitsea flyover are likely to be closed for several hours while police collision investigators carry out their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police or anyone with information about events leading to the collision should contact the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results