Delays on A12 as vehicle fire blocks lane
- Credit: Archant
Motorists between Colchester and Chelmsford are being warned to expect delays after a lorry caught fire leaving one lane of the northbound carriageway on the A12 blocked.
The incident is reported to have happened earlier this afternoon, April 30.
A lane between junctions 22 and 23, near Witham, are currently closed causing tailbacks as far away as Boreham on the outskirts of Chelmsford.
Essex police confirmed they are currently on scene assisting colleagues from the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “One lane is open past the scene of this HGV fire, please pass with caution while emergency services still deal at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
It is currently unknown if there are any reported injuries.
The disruption brings further misery to motorists following a police-led incident on the A14, which saw the closure of the Orwell Bridge for more than two hours.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening