Delays on A12 as vehicle fire blocks lane
- Credit: Archant
Motorists between Colchester and Chelmsford are being warned to expect delays after a lorry caught fire leaving one lane of the northbound carriageway on the A12 blocked.
The incident is reported to have happened earlier this afternoon, April 30.
A lane between junctions 22 and 23, near Witham, are currently closed causing tailbacks as far away as Boreham on the outskirts of Chelmsford.
Essex police confirmed they are currently on scene assisting colleagues from the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “One lane is open past the scene of this HGV fire, please pass with caution while emergency services still deal at the scene.”
It is currently unknown if there are any reported injuries.
The disruption brings further misery to motorists following a police-led incident on the A14, which saw the closure of the Orwell Bridge for more than two hours.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 7 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station