Pair to appear in court over fatal Maldon assault
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Two men will appear in court charged in connection with the death of a man in an Essex high street.
The pair were charged after the death of 27-year-old Maldon man, Darryl Bunn, who died following an assault in the town's high street on June 29, 2019.
Mr Bunn and another man were reportedly assaulted about 8.50pm, leaving the second man with a broken jaw. Mr Dunn died the following day as a result of his injuries.
Sonny Hazell, 24, of Kings Road in Southminster, is charged with manslaughter and assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Jordan Hooper, 23, of Princes Avenue in Southminster, is charged with assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
They are both due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, February 26.
A third man, a 23-year-old man from Maldon, was also arrested and was released without charge.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles