Pair to appear in court over fatal Maldon assault
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Two men will appear in court charged in connection with the death of a man in an Essex high street.
The pair were charged after the death of 27-year-old Maldon man, Darryl Bunn, who died following an assault in the town's high street on June 29, 2019.
Mr Bunn and another man were reportedly assaulted about 8.50pm, leaving the second man with a broken jaw. Mr Dunn died the following day as a result of his injuries.
Sonny Hazell, 24, of Kings Road in Southminster, is charged with manslaughter and assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Jordan Hooper, 23, of Princes Avenue in Southminster, is charged with assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
They are both due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, February 26.
A third man, a 23-year-old man from Maldon, was also arrested and was released without charge.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business