Firefighters battle basement blaze in Newmakret
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A fire has broken out in a basement in Newmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene of a house fire in High Street, Newmarket, at 5.07pm.
Five crews from Ixworth, Newmakret and Wickhambrook attended the incident, with the firefighters remaining at the scene for over four hours trying to contain the flames.
At about 9.15pm, two crews left the scene.
No one is reported to be injured as a result of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage to the property is not yet known.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire