High visibility vests donated to Suffolk primary school pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Reydon Primary School can now be seen and be safe when out on school trips this winter after a donation of 90 high visibility vests.
Southwold-based Observatory the Opticians made the donation as part of its project to improve safety for Suffolk school pupils, with the vests also given to 20 schools across the county including in Lowestoft, Beccles, Ipswich, Sudbury and Haverhill.
Headteacher Jo Viner said: “We are extremely grateful to Observatory the Opticians for donating the high visibility jackets.
“We have already used them to visit the local church, attend a sports competition at another school and to visit the local fire station.
“The donation means our children can walk more safely around the local community as part of our drive to provide more active learning experiences and to encourage our children to participate in a healthier lifestyle.”
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui Sayer, practice manager, said: “We always try to support the local schools wherever possible and we came up with the idea of the visibility jackets which would make the children safer when using the footpaths and crossing roads when out on school walks, trips and events.
“This project means many school pupils across the county are now a little safer when taking part in activities outside of the school grounds.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results