WATCH as ‘adorable’ westies wag their tails as they take a wander
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
This weekend westie owners from far and wide brought their beloved dogs together for a stroll around an Essex park.
The third Westie Walk around High Woods country park in Colchester on Saturday, attracted 71 of the breed who happily walked along with their owners.
At the start of their wander around the park the dogs were given a bag of special treats and a certificate and there were plenty of shady spots along the route where they were able to cool down.
Amanda Doyland, who organises the Colchester Westie Walks alongside Shirley and Karl Upsher said: ""We all enjoy our westies so much and walking together and it is just a sight to see all these westies and to see how different they all look as well."
Miss Doyland who was joined on the walk by her westies Smirnoff and Brandi said: " Westies are very naughty, very mischievous and very stubborn, but they are so adorable."
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's walk raised £262 for the Westie Charity UK - thanks to raffle prizes donated by local businesses.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health