A14 reopens after car and lorry crash closed one lane in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is reported to be moving freely on the A14 after all lanes reopened following an accident involving a car and lorry.
Suffolk police were called to reports of an accident on the westbound carriageway near to Bury St Edmunds at around 3.30pm.
The crash is reported to have happened near to the junction with the A134.
Highways England said one lane of the westbound carriageway had been closed, causing delays to build up.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended.
A spokesman for EEAST said an ambulance crew treated a woman in her 30s at the scene.
“She was conscious on arrival and is on her way to West Suffolk Hospital for further care,” the spokesman added.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 4 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 5 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 6 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 9 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 10 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
Suffolk police said the A14 was reopened by soon after 5pm.