A14 reopens after car and lorry crash closed one lane in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is reported to be moving freely on the A14 after all lanes reopened following an accident involving a car and lorry.
Suffolk police were called to reports of an accident on the westbound carriageway near to Bury St Edmunds at around 3.30pm.
The crash is reported to have happened near to the junction with the A134.
Highways England said one lane of the westbound carriageway had been closed, causing delays to build up.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for EEAST said an ambulance crew treated a woman in her 30s at the scene.
“She was conscious on arrival and is on her way to West Suffolk Hospital for further care,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
Suffolk police said the A14 was reopened by soon after 5pm.