A12, A120 and A14 among areas for Highways England roadworks this week
- Credit: Archant
Improvement work on the A12 and A11 are among the roadworks set for the week ahead, according to Highways England.
Work on the vegetation and landscape on the A11 in Barton Mills, near Newmarket, begins this week, which will continue until late March.
The work will take place between the A14 junction 38 and the Five Ways roundabout, taking place on weeknights between 8pm and 9am with lane closures.
On the A12, vegetation clearance will get underway on both the east and westbound verges between Ipswich and Brentwood.
The work will take place overnight from 8pm until 6am, with lane closures in place for the section being worked on.
You may also want to watch:
Other work on the A12 includes repairs on safety barriers, also between 8pm and 6am on weeknights, while various locations on the A120 will also have barrier repair work between these times.
For five nights from Monday, February 5, work to patch sections of the northbound carriageway of the A12 will begin between junctions 20b and 22.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
In Cambridgeshire the continued work on the new A14 will cause some delays, with lane closures in operation.
On the A14, vegetation clearance is in effect along the westbound verges between Newmarket and Felixstowe during nights.
Meanwhile, at junction 43 there is planned renewal of lighting on the slip roads during the nights.
On Monday and Tuesday the westbound clip road will be closed, with a diversion in place at junction 44, before the eastbound closes on Wednesday and Thursday.
A diversion for those days will be via junction 42.
On Friday the eastbound exit sliproad will be closed with a diversion at junction 44.
Further along at junctions 44 and 45 there will be surface repairs in both directions between 8pm and 6am, with the eastbound closed on Monday and the westbound on Tuesday.
Diversion signs will be in place.
The layby between junctions 51 and 52 is closed for embankment work, while bridge survey work is scheduled for junctions 49-50.
More resurfacing work is planned nearer Ipswich, as Saturday, February 10 features work between Claydon and Whitehouse on the eastbound carriageway.
Work to resurface the concrete carriageway between Orwell and Levington is set for the week ahead.
Work is planned in sections between 9pm and 6am each weeknight, with a closure of the westbound carriageway between junctions 59 and 57 planned.
A diversion will be in place via the Trimleys.
In Braintree, eastbound A120 resurfacing begins this week, with the carriageway closed on weeknights from Panners Interchange to Galleys Roundabout.
Between Braintree and Harwich both the east and westbound carriageways will be subject to vegetation clearance overnight, where temporary traffic signals will be in place.