Clacton man arrested after moped rider suffers serious facial injuries in crash
- Credit: Archant
A hit-and-run incident in Clacton has left a moped rider with potentially life-changing facial injuries.
Police are appealing for information about the serious collision, which involved a Piaggio moped and a red Volkswagen Golf in Burrs Road at the junction with The Drive around 7.15pm on Friday.
The rider of the moped, a man in his 40s, has been taken to hospital with potentially life-changing facial injuries.
The Golf failed to stop at the scene but was later recovered in the grounds of the hospital in Harwich.
Police said they had arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop at the scene of a collision, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released while inquiries continue but they have appealed for anyone with information to call the police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks