Holbrook: Electric cable ignites hedge fire
AN ELECTRIC cable has fallen down in Holbrook sparking a hedge fire.
Firefighters from the village’s fire station, are at the scene in Ipswich Road, while engineers from UK Power Networks work to assess the cable.
The fire brigade were alerted to the hedge blaze at around 2pm.
When the arrived they discovered the electric cable had caused the fire.
They informed UK Power Networks and cordoned off two footpaths in the immediate area.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 3.35pm.
The incident caused a power cut in the village affecting 511 customers.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
A spokeswoman for UK Power Networks said engineers are working to restore power after a supporting wire for an overhead cable was damaged, as soon as possible.
She said: “In order for our engineers to safely repair the line electricity supplies were isolated to 511 customers at 4.10pm.
“A further number of customers may also have experienced a brief interruption to their power at the time those supplies were isolated.
“We would like to reassure customers we are working as quickly as is safely possible to restore their power and apologise for any inconvenience.”