Holbrook: Teacher and media personality Simon Warr charged with a total of seven sex offences against three schoolboys
- Credit: Contributed
Suffolk teacher and media personality Simon Warr has today been charged with seven sex offences against schoolboys.
Warr is alleged to have assaulted three children while working at Royal Hospital School in Holbrook and the former St George’s School in Great Finborough around 30 years ago.
Two of the alleged victims were pupils at St George’s, while the other attended Royal Hospital School.
Warr is accused of three indecent assaults and four counts of gross indecency.
The 60-year-old was arrested late last year arrested as part of an inquiry into historic abuse at St George’s, an independent school.
You may also want to watch:
Warr was charged when he answered bail today. He is currently on bail until his first court hearing later this month.
Lisa McGrann, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “A man has been charged with a number of sexual assaults as part of the ongoing investigation into historic allegations of abuse at St George’s School, Great Finborough, in the 1980s.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
“Simon Warr, aged 60 and of Great West Road in Hounslow, has today been charged with two counts of indecent assault and three counts of gross indecency with a boy relating to the school near Stowmarket.
“He has also been charged with two historic offences relating to the Royal Hospital School at Holbrook in the late 1980s and early 1990s; one count of indecent assault and one count of gross indecency with a boy.”
“Warr is due before Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court on September 24.”
As well as being a teacher Warr has enjoyed a hig-profile media career.
He has appeared on radio and national television, including The One Show as a social media commentator.
Warr has also starred in Channel 4’s That’ll Teach ‘Em.
He was also a sports broadcaster for BBC Radio Suffolk and a former East Anglian Daily Times columnist.
Warr is a well-known figure on the local football and rugby scene.
He taught French and Latin at the Royal Hospital School until his arrest. He also produced school plays.
Warr was educated at the Royal Masonic School for Boys, near Watford.
He had a spell at drama school in London and thought about pursuing it professionally.
However, he read modern languages and education at Goldsmiths College in London.
In the early 1980s Warr began a job at St George’s School near Stowmarket.