Holder retains title as Troy flops
CHRIS Holder has retained the Australian Championship after a dramatic series decider at Mildura.Poole star Holder started the third round four points behind new Peterborough signing Troy Batchelor, who had won the previous two events.
CHRIS Holder has retained the Australian Championship after a dramatic series decider at Mildura.
Poole star Holder started the third round four points behind new Peterborough signing Troy Batchelor, who had won the previous two events.
But Batchelor failed to reach the Final, allowing Holder to overturn the deficit and take the Championship, with Darcy Ward and Rory Schlein completing the top four.
Holder said: "I really had to fight for this one. This is a big track and everyone is really quick here so to make the final itself is a pretty good effort and having to go out and win it, there was a bit of pressure there.
You may also want to watch:
"Now that the Championship is done, I'll just send some stuff back to England and start getting ready for that season, I don't think I have to be back there until March so I'll just rest up until then and get ready.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs