Why this holiday destination is fully-booked months in advance
- Credit: Letheringham Water Mill Cottages near Woodbridge has always been a winner with guests. Picture: RACHEL EDGE
A holiday cottage owner has credited her success in a national award scheme to her staff - who judges say are like ‘gold dust’.
Letheringham Water Mill Cottages near Woodbridge has always been a winner with guests, and now it is official because it has been awarded a five-star gold award from VisitEngland.
It is the third time the picturesque holiday complex has won an award for excellence from the national tourist board.
The judges assessed Letheringham Water Cottages on 10 different aspects including housekeeping; service and hospitality; bedrooms and bathrooms.
Jacqui Fairey, who owns the nine-acre site with her partner Richard, said: “It feels good to win, we put in a lot of effort and time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are always renewing and improving things and making sure we get everything absolutely right.
“The man from VisitEngland described our staff as gold dust and couldn’t believe how far in advance we are booked up for.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
The facility consists of four holiday homes which are dog friendly. They have a 95% occupant rate and have limited availability from January to May.
The 61-year-old owner believes the decor is a big draw for guests.
She added: “Guests have said to me you must have been an interior designer when they see inside our cottages but it is just a flare I have always had.
“We have people who stay with us three-four time a year, I think they return because our site is just so pretty and picturesque.
“The grounds have been around for a thousand years so it has a very special atmosphere. Guests often say that they find it peaceful and spiritual and that the tranquillity is perfect.”
Dogs are permitted to stay - and the cottages have even won a dog friendly award and Jacqui says their standards of cleanliness are exceptionally high.