Holland-on-Sea: Armed robbers raid post office
POLICE are appealing for information after a post office worker was robbed at gunpoint.
The attack took place in Holland-on-Sea when two men walked into the premises on Stratford Road shortly before 4.30pm today and threatened a female staff member with a handgun, forcing her to hand over a four-figure sum of cash.
The two men ran out and got into a waiting silver Vauxhall Vectra. This was driven off by a third man towards Thorpe railway station. It is then believed that all three men boarded a train towards London.
Investigating Officer, Dc Peter Gartland, said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who saw this Vectra in the Clacton area on Wednesday afternoon. It is distinctive in that it is of the old-style variety and has a spoiler on the back. We’re also keen to hear from those commuters who were alighting or getting on board a train at Thorpe and saw these three men. They would have been in a rush and so would have drawn the attention of passers-by. At this stage, we don’t know how far down the line they went so passengers on board this train are also key, crucial witnesses.”
The two assailants are described as white and approximately 5ft 6ins tall. One man was wearing a grey tracksuit with an aqua-blue stripe on the arms and legs and had a grey body warmer while his accomplice was wearing black tracksuit bottoms and a dark jumper. The getaway driver is white, approximately six foot tall and was wearing Adidas tracksuit bottoms, a blue top and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
There were no customers in the shop at the time and the staff member was uninjured.
Anyone with information in connection with this robbery is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock