Holland-on-Sea: Desperate plea to find missing man
- Credit: Archant
THE niece of a man who has been missing for six days has issued an emotional plea for him to contact his family or the police.
Jamie Toomey, 45, was last seen on Sunday. Essex Police say the father-of-four, of Kings Parade in Holland-on-Sea, does not have access to a vehicle and has only limited access to readily-available cash.
Mr Nolan’s niece, Katie Nolan, said: “We’re desperately keen to hear from him.
“He must know that we all love him and want him to get in touch; if not with us, then with the police just so that we know he is safe and well.
“We want anyone who knows where he is, has seen him recently or thinks they are protecting him by housing him to come forward.”
Jamie is described as white, approximately 5ft 9ins tall and of medium build.
Co-ordinating the search for Jamie is Tendring’s district commander, Chief Inspector Cat Barrie.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
She said: “We have scoured the Clacton coastline from the town to Point Clear, with officers from the Air Support Unit working closely with their colleagues from the marine unit.
“We have also been teaming up with the coastguard agency to ascertain whether they have been any signs of Jamie or his clothing on the coastline.
“With the weather predicted to deteriorate over the next few days, it’s imperative that he gets in touch with us. We will continue with our searches and have not given up hope of finding him.”
Anyone who knows of Jamie Toomey’s whereabouts is urged to contact investigating officers at Clacton police station on 101.