Hollesey Bay absconder captured after two years on the run
- Credit: Archant
Scott Rowland went missing from the prison in 2016
Police have arrested a man who absconded from a Suffolk prison almost exactly two years ago.
Scott Rowland, 32, was listed as missing from a roll call at Hollesey Bay during the evening of January 14 2016.
He was serving a sentence of 5 years and 6 months for aggravated burglary and robbery.
Rowland was detained in south London by the Metropolitan Police yesterday, Sunday January 21.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “He remains in custody and will be returned to the prison system.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles