Hollesey Bay absconder captured after two years on the run
- Credit: Archant
Scott Rowland went missing from the prison in 2016
Police have arrested a man who absconded from a Suffolk prison almost exactly two years ago.
Scott Rowland, 32, was listed as missing from a roll call at Hollesey Bay during the evening of January 14 2016.
He was serving a sentence of 5 years and 6 months for aggravated burglary and robbery.
Rowland was detained in south London by the Metropolitan Police yesterday, Sunday January 21.
A police spokesperson said: “He remains in custody and will be returned to the prison system.”
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching