Hollesley Bay: Wanted absconder arrested
- Credit: Archant
A prisoner who absconded from Hollesley Bay earlier this year has been recaptured in Hertfordshire.
Paul Oddysses, 49, was reported missing from the open prison to police on Saturday May 24.
He was arrested in Broxbourne on Thursday following a road stop-check and has today been charged with one count of robbery relating to an incident at a pub in Ware, Hertfordshire, on Bank Holiday Sunday August 24 and one count of taking a vehicle without consent in Broxbourne on Thursday.
Oddysses has been detained in police custody prior to a magistrates’ court appearance in Hertfordshire, after which he will be dealt with for absconding from the open prison.
During the past three months Suffolk Police have been liaising with counterparts in Essex, London and Hertfordshire in a bid to find him.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police thanked the media for their assistance in the investigation to find Oddysses during the past few months.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results